yo!

Welcome to 411Overkill, Pop in here and introduce yourself
MoparMatt

yo!

Unread post by MoparMatt »

hey fellas! how's everyone been? i was going through my emails back to 2009 and found a prehistoric 411 admin email, i clicked it and my jaw hit the floor when a live living 411 forum popped up lol, im not sure if my original moparmatt account exists still but i made a new one just in case, anyways, IM BACK!

Vinster
Site Admin

Re: yo!

Unread post by Vinster »

Hey bud, how have you been?

and no, this isn't the "original" site. you were correct in re-creating your user. I'd been keeping tabs on the domain, it got hijacked and then held for a $1,500 ransom for 5 years. Dax [p] disappeared and Cannon, Nordic and I didn't have any way to get it back. I kept an eye on the domain and once I saw it was released I bought it, got a hold of Cannon and Nordic to get it back up and Cannon secured hosting and after a but-ton of work on his side (again) here we are.

Unfortunately Cannon's backup of the old site got corrupted and we couldn't save it. that was the intention. There is an Archive location that is empty and the idea was to put the old site content there to people top access. I'm old fashion that way and there was a lot of great info on the original site and with forums going the way of the dodo I was hoping to get it back to make is accessible to new OC'ers.

But anyway, here we are, a few members have come back. I'd love to get this site back to it's glory but things haven't panned out as I had hoped. But I'm ok with that. I hope to get more member as we go.

Vin

MoparMatt

Unread post by MoparMatt »

i admire you and the others vigilance in the matter, it does suck that our old content is gone but we can always continue where we left off, i informed punx223 and russianhaxor of 411's return (they were as surprised as i) and i will post a few of my most recent builds as well. its good to hear from you Vin.

Vinster
Site Admin

Unread post by Vinster »

That's awesome Matt, thanks. would love to see what you've been up too.

Vin