Bright White - Kid went shopping, finally.

Working on something, Need advice... Post that here and we can help.
Komadyret

Bright White - Kid went shopping, finally.

Unread post by Komadyret »

At last the kid pulled the plug on the hardware, except for the GPU which he's planning as an upgrade for next year (Not that any og the new GPU's are readily available anyway)
He had to replace the PSU in the old one earlier this autumn, and got the Corsair RM850x (unfortunately not the white one, but it's mostly hidden, so shouldn't matter that much)
Shopping list in this round landed at roughly $1500.

Ryzen 7 5800X
Asus Prime X570-Pro white coolers and shields on black PCB, looks to be with some RGB embedded
ASUS ROG Strix LC 360 RGB AIO CPU cooler (White)
G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600Mhz CL16, 32 GB RAM (white and black + RGB)
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic white case. https://www.lian-li.com/pc-o11-dynamic/

He fell for that case and started looking at mostly white components to go with it :lol:
Hopefully he'll find a white-ish GPU for it next year to complete the theme, it looks very cool on paper, and I do suspect he'll shop for more RGB fans shortly after the build is done :D
Last edited by Komadyret on Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vinster
Site Admin

Re: Kid went shopping, finally.

Unread post by Vinster »

That's a good case... I have it in black...

I don't have a CPU so I have not bothered to get the MB... but I have started the build. Have a look in my build thread. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=121

once he starts to build. share some photos. that rig looks like it'll be a good one.

Vin

Komadyret

I trawled your thread yesterday Vin, and discovered the "same" case :lol:
Had so send the link to him so he could see your preparations for the build.
Yours are the facelift XL version, while he has ordered the regular O11 Dynamic.
We will for sure put up some pics during building. CPU, RAM and cooling will not be in house until the CPU is in stock for delivery (Estimated first week of December. Seems AMD are a little short on availability of the Zen 3 series.). Case and motherboard we expect to arrive in about a week or so.

Vinster
Site Admin

Unread post by Vinster »

Ah, I didn't catch that. I'm getting excited by the day for my build. I hope to his goes just as well

Vin

Komadyret

Re: Bright White - Kid went shopping, finally.

Finally the case arrived!
Checked for transport damage and all seems perfect.
Some quick gloomy pics was taken along the way, but we will get some better ones when the rest of the stuff arrives in 3-4 weeks, hopefully. That Ryzen 7 was on 4 weeks backorder right out of the block around here!
IMG_20201116_202553.jpg
IMG_20201116_202553.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 15366 times
IMG_20201116_202613.jpg
IMG_20201116_202613.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 15366 times

Mr-Scott

Unread post by Mr-Scott »

Nice.
Loved by thousands, hated by millions.

Vinster
Site Admin

Unread post by Vinster »

That is a nice case... I should had looked at white a little longer...

Vin

Komadyret

Finaly, after another weeks delay the CPU and AIO cooling is on its way.
It'll be refresh on the tracking button to check if there will be any work on the sorter this weekend.
Normaly it'd be sorted late Sunday night and be ready for pickup on Monday. But, as x-mas is high-volume season for parcels, there might be an extra shift on Saturday to cope with the volumes. And in that case I might bring the kid and my access card and intercept the shipment on the terminal tomorrow (it's after all my work office, it's not my fault I'm stuck at home-office atm... :P )
So by all estimates, the assembly will take place this weekend or early next week, and I will have a very happy kid for x-mas :D

Koma

Vinster
Site Admin

Unread post by Vinster »

Can't wait to see pics Koma. These systems just zip...

I've been trying to get Windows 7 working.. it's been a bit of a challenge.. lol

Vin

Komadyret

Hello again

Finaly I got around to post some pics from the build.
What a magnificent and easy case to build in!

Kid did take his time and got a decent cable-management of the 360 rad fans, and it sure looks sleek.

[media]https://photos.app.goo.gl/se56FipERpVcEeV9A[/media]

Link to galery if the pics don't show up: https://photos.app.goo.gl/G3aCNf5TXcMsWfTE7

We decided to fit the rad on the back and fans on the front, as it did look somewhat visually better imho. The cooling don't build out as much from the backplate that way, but it does give less free space in the back for airflow. Figured it shouldn't matter too much, as there are grill-openings in the case just behind the rad.
The observant eye will also notice that he fitted the block up-side-down. STRIX logo is on its head. Honest mistake in the eagerness of finally getting this to fly! :lol:
This will be fixed when he comes around to changing the CPU.
He was extremely unlucky, as his 5800X was a DOA.
I had a call with the retailer, and due to low stock they had no spare 5800X to replace, but I did get a 60 days open buy on a 3700X, and are able to return that for just the shipping-cost once the replacement for the 5800X arrives. This dealyed the build by over a week, and we manged to get it up and running late in the evening on the 22.december.

(If anyone has some tip on how to get pics to display from google photos, I'd apreciate it)

Koma