120mm "High Static Pressure " Fan Considerations

Working on something, Need advice... Post that here and we can help.
Vinster
Site Admin

120mm "High Static Pressure " Fan Considerations

Unread post by Vinster »

In the process of building my rig, I realized that a lot of fan manufacturers refereed to their fans as "High Static Pressure" and I've realized that this term was being used loosie-goosie...

So I took the time to create this table for 120mm x 120mm x 25mm PWM fans... Now a friend recommended the large Delta fan that is 38mm thick, so I've included that fan in the list for reference.

To create this list I initially searched "High Static Pressure Fan", I then looked up 3 separate review articles looking for the best fans to use on radiators and included either the entire list or the top 3-5 depending if they were already on the list. So because of all these added references, you'll see some fans are only 3 pin.. so these are obviously not PWM, but were considered good for use on a rad and considering this is what I was going to use them for, made sense for me to include it here.

Here is the list in order of Airflow as noted in the manufacturers datasheets.

Fans by m3h.PNG
Fans by m3h.PNG (59.9 KiB) Viewed 12856 times

I live in Canada and found the cost of these fans. I used local stores, Newegg.ca and Amazon.ca to get these costs. I then tabulated the cost/cfm to show me which fans were the best bang for the buck.

Fans by cost per cfm v2.PNG
Fans by cost per cfm v2.PNG (61.34 KiB) Viewed 12856 times

As you can see, some of these fans are not at all High Static Pressure fans if you reference others on this list. But looking at what some of these cost. I'm happy to have done this excersise and I hope that you benefit from it as well.

Because of this list, I select the Noctua NF-P12 Redux-1700 PWM fans for my latest build.

Vin

Mr-Scott

Re: 120mm "High Static Pressure " Fan Considerations

Unread post by Mr-Scott »

Forgot a couple of goto's.

Scythe Ultra Kaze and Silverstone FM 121.
Loved by thousands, hated by millions.

Vinster
Site Admin

Unread post by Vinster »

Mr-Scott wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:21 pm
Forgot a couple of goto's.

Scythe Ultra Kaze and Silverstone FM 121.
Unfortunately neither of those came up in searches at the time. I'll have a look and add them to the list.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Vin

Vinster
Site Admin

Unread post by Vinster »

Turns out I have a Scythe Ultra Kaze... once I saw the photo I thought it looked familiar... I have a cage on both sides.. lol I wonder why.. haha

Here is the updated list.

Fan - 2020-11-08.JPG
Fan - 2020-11-08.JPG (246.82 KiB) Viewed 12849 times

Vin