Starting to get in to Arduino...

You need I/O, this bugger has I/O
Vinster
Site Admin

Starting to get in to Arduino...

Unread post by Vinster »

My son has a Meccano 2.0 (2ft) and the "MaccanoBrain" is toast.. Unit doesn't do anything, plug in the USB and all you find is an empty drive slot. popped it open to find it's a custom MicroSD Card that is soldered on the board. so... Tossing what SpinMaster considers STEM out the window and my son wants to program it with a controller... So i figure an Arduino was best suited. Digging today I found that there is already a Library for this and in 2016-17 people already have versions of this work.

So my son being 13... I figure I need to pull my pant legs up and figure some of this out before he does. I might even just order 2 kits and I'll keep one for a few ideas I have floating in this nut of a head I have...

Vin

Vinster
Site Admin

Re: Starting to get in to Arduino...

Unread post by Vinster »

Arduino gear has been purchased. I use AutoCAD for work and was delighted when I found this: https://www.tinkercad.com/

Want to do 3D Design.. it's there. want to print it but don't have a printer... you can buy it... not sure of the cost. but what an offering...

here was my hook... back in the day I had Electronic WorkBench.. well TinkerCAD has the same thing but web based and free... AND they have an Arduino library and they included the programing environment... a testers heaven... in about 30min I was controlling a servo and some I/O and then exported the code to my scratch pad... imo they did good...

be sure to check that out.

Vin