*tap*tap*. Is this back on?

Welcome to 411Overkill, Pop in here and introduce yourself
element6

*tap*tap*. Is this back on?

Unread post by element6 »

Almost by accident, I was navigating world community grid and saw the old team link. I decided to click it.

411 is back up!?!?

Vinster
Site Admin

Re: *tap*tap*. Is this back on?

Unread post by Vinster »

Yep she is. sort-of. I've changed your use status to full so you shouldn't have any delays in posting.

how did you stumble on this being back?

Vin

element6

Unread post by element6 »

Back during 411overkil 1.0, I lived in Texas. We lived through this huge tropical storm that dropped 46" inches of rain. We were safe and dry, but many of our neighbors were not as fortunate. shortly after, a friend of mine, took a job with Amazon in Seattle and said "we should try to get some venture capital and do a start up!" The family thought, sounds good! I found a job in the Seattle area and we moved the family with a uHaul back in 2018.

The start-up took a major momentum hit with COVID so we kept our full-time jobs. I bounced between a couple of companies trying to find the right fit. I am now with a major computing company based in Redmond. 100% work from home during COVID and as a result, lots of screen time.

How did I rediscover 411? I saw an old link to www.411overkill.com in my crunching history. I clicked it and was a big surprise to see it up and running. This is really cool.

Vinster
Site Admin

Unread post by Vinster »

Oh wow, that's a tumble. I've been working from home since March of 2020. but next week I fly to a job side for a shutdown for 2 weeks. Not looking forward to it. but there are worst things.

What rigs do you have now? do you still tinker with overclocking?

I need to go lay under a car for a bit, I'll chat with you later.

Vin